Through decades in the field of health IT, CTIS has developed strategic solutions for the health sector. We provide advisory services to a range of clients and policy-making bodies. As an IT advisor to NIH, our firm has experience implementing critical regulatory guidelines. We have also worked with CIOs and COTRs in areas such as PMO support, IT portfolio analysis, advisory services, IT governance process development, IT strategy, and analysis. In support of organization development within government agencies, CTIS has lead the continuous evaluation and improvement of information technology services, including IT prioritization, selection, budgeting, planning, implementation, and monitoring.
Our management consulting services include IT strategy, IT delivery, and IT evaluation.
- IT strategy– enables agencies to analyze tasks in accordance with business needs. CTIS services include the following tools to help CIOs identify, prioritize, and select IT investments:
- ROI analysis reports
- Business case/alternative analysis
- Portfolio planning
- Project estimates
- Investment planning
- IT delivery— used for initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring of projects. CTIS uses tools such as PMBoK, EVMS, status reports, and other tools to monitor time, cost, and quality.
- IT operations and evaluation– This process involves (1) post-production operations and maintenance to keep an IT investment viable and (2) post-implementation reviews to evaluate the impact that an IT investment has on an agencies’ missions– along with its ROI. CTIS services include the following:
- Balanced scorecard reports
- Service-level management reports
- Regulatory compliance strategies for the Paperwork Reduction Act, Computer Security Act, Clinger-Cohen Act, Affordable Care Act, HHS Capacity Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, HHS Enterprise Planning Lifecycle (EPLC), HHS Enterprise Architecture (EA), Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), FISMA, and HIPAA
- Compliance with relevant health research and healthcare IT standards
- IT governance, strategy, investment management, and advisory services
- IT quality management standards including CMMI Maturity Level 3, ITIL, ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 38500:2008, and AS8015-2005
- Program and project management with certified and experienced staff in Earned Value Professionals (EVP), Project Management Professionals (PMP), and Six Sigma Green Belt Business process reengineering and management